Early Learning Campus
Early Learning at The Awty International School includes students who will be between the ages of three and six by the start of the school year and corresponds to the following grade level designations:
|American System||French system||british system|
|Ages 3-4||Pre-Kindergarten 3 (PK3)*||Petite Section (PS)*||Nursery|
|Ages 4-5||Pre-Kindergarten 4 (PK4)||Moyenne Section (MS)||Reception|
|Ages 5-6||Kindergarten (K)||Grande Section (GS)||Year 1|
|Ages 6-7||1st Grade (1)||Course Préparatoire (CP)||Year 2|
* PK3/PS applicants must turn three by October 31 of the school year of entry.
Dual Language Immersion
The Early Learning division offers a dual language immersion program. In PK3 through Kindergarten it is a 50/50 program in either English/French or English/Spanish with the language of instruction alternating daily.
In first grade, it is a 60/40 program with the core subjects delivered in either English, French or Spanish (60% of the instructional time), and the specialty classes (i.e. Art, Physical Education, Technology, Second Language) taught in the immersion language accounting for 40% of the instructional time.
- PK3/PS is the main point of entry to Awty with 80 places in the class: 32 for English/Spanish and 48 for English/French.
- PK4/MS openings are extremely limited and preference is given to children already affiliated with Awty.
- K/GS is an entry point in the English/French classes with new enrollment of about 20 students. Openings in the English/Spanish classes are by attrition and very limited.
- 1/CP openings are usually available with new enrollment of about 20 students in total across the various immersion classes.
We understand that applying from outside of the United States can be complicated. While we recommend visiting Awty and Houston during the application process, we will work with you to facilitate your application should you run into any obstacles meeting the application requirements.