Early Learning Campus
- Back-to-School Dates
- PK3/PS Required Document
- Dress Code / Uniforms
- Awty Plus (After-School Program)
- Books and Supplies
- Summer Reading and Handwriting
Primary School Orientation
Wednesday, August 11
Friday, August 20
ELC Carpool Practice
Wednesday, August 18
First Day of Classes
Monday, August 23
Tuesday, August 24
Wednesday, August 25
Thursday, August 26
2nd Grade/CE1 - 5th Grade/CM2
Monday, August 23
DRIVING ON CAMPUS
Please help us keep our community, especially the students, safe by respecting the following guidelines when driving on campus:
- Drive slowly and prudently on campus. The speed limit is five miles per hour.
- Cell phone use, including texting, is prohibited while driving on campus and in carpool.
- Obey all posted signs and agents of the school.
- Upon entering campus, you will need to display the official Awty window decal. The Awty International School assigns two car decals per family. The decals are to be placed on the upper right corner of your car’s (driver’s side) windshield on the outside. You should receive these decals in the mail prior to school starting. If you require additional car decals, please contact Maritza Ramos.
- These decals will enable you to enter the school campus. If you do not have the decal on your vehicle for the Awty security to see, you will be stopped for security purposes.
- In addition to the school car decal, we require all vehicle information to be registered in SchoolPass. This information helps with the safety and ease of access, as we have License Plate Recognition (LPR) Cameras at both campuses. What you need to do:
- Register your vehicles using the SchoolPass app after July 31. Please have this accomplished by the end of September. More information on SchoolPass will come at a later date.
- The cameras are set up to read your front license plate as you enter and will lift the security arm if you are registered in the system. Please note: the state of Texas requires a front license plate.
- The system will also help us identify vehicles not in the system during carpool, so please register all of your vehicles.
- Please do not register rental or loaner vehicles or temporary paper license plates.
Any violation of these rules may result in the loss of driving privileges on school property.
Due to an increase in pedestrian traffic crossing Awty School Lane, please be patient during traffic delays and watch for pedestrians crossing the street.
The pick-up times are desired, not required, as we understand it is not always possible to predict exact travel times in Houston traffic. However, if we all work together, we are confident we can organize dismissal in a safe and efficient manner.
EARLY LEARNING CAMPUS (PK3/PS - 1st Grade/CP):
The ELC carpool map for the 2021-2022 school year will be available in the school's Parent Guide which comes out in August.
All grades early drop-off from 7:15 a.m. at the back of the Gymnasium behind building C.
- K/GS and 1st/CP: 7:40 - 7:55 a.m., at the back of the Gymnasium behind building C
- PK3/PS and PK4/MS: 7:50 - 8:10 a.m., on the Avenue
Loading all grades from 2:45 to 3:15 p.m.
- K/GS and 1st/CP at the back of the Gymnasium behind building C
- PK3/PS and PK4/MS on the Avenue
Students in PK3/PS and PK4/MS wear regular clothing. Please send one change of clothes in a closable bag to school with your child. Please label all items of clothing and the bag with the child's name. A change of clothes must be kept in the classroom throughout the school year.
Kinder/GS and 1st grade/CP students must wear the school uniform. Dennis Uniform is our provider and offers three convenient ways to shop:
- Shop online at: https://www.dennisuniform.com. Register an email for sale notifications.
- Shop at their store located at 7613 Katy Freeway, Suite G, 77024. *The store is open for in-person shopping, but contactless curbside pickup is available.
- Call Customer Service at 1-800-854-6951 to place a phone order. School code: VAI.
Please review the Uniform Policy for details by grade level and division.
Please visit the Awty Plus section of the website for detailed information about our after-school program, which will run both at the ELC and on the main campus.
Registration for Fall 2021 will open in August. You will receive an email with the details in early August.
There is no better preparation for the start of school than reading. This is especially important for students preparing to enter 1st grade/CP. The Houston Area Independent School Library Network (HAISLN), of which Awty is a member, prepares a list of recommended reading by age groups. Students should choose books from the list of the grade just completed, not the grade they will be entering in August. Children entering 1st grade should choose six books from the Preschool list; children entering CP should choose three books.
SUMMER HANDWRITING PRACTICE
Students in 1st grade/CP at Awty practice and begin using lower case cursive letters for writing. To ease the transition for students who have not been exposed to cursive handwriting in Kinder/GS, parents are encouraged to contact Stanley Way, Head of Early Learning, to receive a packet of lower case cursive letters used at Awty.