Information for All New Families
- School Calendar
- School Communications
- Medical Forms and Information
- International Students / Non-U.S. Citizens
- Welcome Families
- Bus Transportation
The Calendar-at-a-Glance for 2019-2020, now available, will give you a summary of important dates and school breaks. The full calendar of all major school functions for the 2019-2020 school year will be available by the end of June.
Please mark your calendars now to be here for these important events! Awty Plus childcare will be available at events marked with an asterisk (*) for children ages 3 to 10.
Secondary School: 6th Grade/6ème - 12th Grade/Terminale
New and Returning Families*
Primary School: PK3/PS - 5th Grade/CM2
9:00 - 10:15 a.m. - Lower School
1st Grade/CP - 5th Grade/CM2 only
9:00 - 10:15 a.m.
New and Returning Families*
10:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
PK4/MS - 1st Grade/CP & 3rd Grade/CE2 - 5th Grade/CM2
10:30 - 11:15 a.m. - New Families
The school provides several ways for families to stay connected and informed during the school year. Two of the most important online tools are My Backpack and the Parent Portal. Please click on the link below for additional information.
Click here to learn more about other important communication tools the school uses, including the weekly Awty Notes.
All students enrolled at Awty must have a complete immunization history and a medical record with grade-appropriate Texas screenings on file with the clinic in order to be compliant with the state regulations for the first day of school. You will be receiving a separate email with important information and instructions for providing Awty with your child(ren)’s medical information.
Students in 6th grade/6ème - 12th grade/Tle intending to participate on an interscholastic team must also have the 2019-2020 Athletic Medical Forms completed by a physician. The forms can be found in the Magnus Health portal.
Important: International families must have medical forms completed by a physician in the United States.
For all students who are not holders of a U.S. passport, please submit the following to the Admissions Office as soon as possible and no later than July 15:
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Visa
- Copy of Birth Certificate
Students enrolling in the French accredited program must also provide a copy of the Exeat (certificat de radiation) from the sending school.
Please scan and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Welcome Family program was established by the Awty Parents and Personnel Association (APPA) to ease the transition to school for new students and their families. The Welcome Family (or buddy) will serve as your guide through the first school year. Your Welcome Family will reach out to you via email to establish contact and will be available to answer any questions you might have. Hopefully, you will be able to meet before the start of school. The Welcome Family committee will also organize grade level events to take place in August, usually the week before the start of school. Keep an eye out for invitations.
If you have any questions about the Welcome Family program, please feel free to email the parent coordinator for your division:
- French Program – Petite Section à Terminale: Marie Winter
- Marie will have two children at Awty next year in 2nde and 4ème, and has been a proud Awty mom since 2013.
- Early Learning Campus (ELC) – PK3-1st grade: Sarah Nicholas
- Sarah will have two children at Awty next year in PK3 and 1st grade, and has been a proud Awty mom since 2016.
- Lower School (LS) – 2nd-5th grade: Ginger Arwadi
- Ginger will have two children at Awty next year in 2nd and 4th grade, and has been a proud Awty mom since 2014.
- Middle School (MS) – 6th-8th grade: Jay Watkins
- Jay will have three children at Awty next year in 7th, 9th, and 11th grade, and has been a proud Awty dad since 2018.
- Upper School (US) – 9th-12th grade: Debbi Gadin
- Debbi will have three children at Awty next year in 4th, 8th, and 11th grade. She has been a proud Awty mom since 2006, and her husband is an Awty graduate!
Beginning in Kindergarten/Grande Section, students must wear the school uniform. Dennis Uniform is our provider and offers three convenient ways to shop:
- Shop online at: https://www.dennisuniform.com. Enter "Awty" and receive FREE shipping on orders over $50. Register an email for sale notifications.
- Shop at their new store: Suite G, 7613 Katy Freeway, 77024.
- Call Customer Service at 800-854-6951 to place a phone order.
Please review the Uniform Policy for details by grade level and division.
School and PE uniforms are also available in the Used Uniform store on campus for deeply discounted prices – items are sold "as is". There are no guarantees your child's size will be available.
Awty contracts with AFC Transportation to offer bus service to families living in the following areas:
- Dairy Ashford / Town & Country (B1, B2)
- Katy (F1)
- Lakes on Eldridge / Lakes on Eldridge North / Twin Lakes (D1, D2, D3)
- Shadow Briar / Memorial (C1, C2)
- Sugar Land (A1)
Bus pick-up is generally between 6:30 and 7:20 a.m., and drop-off is between 3:45 and 4:40 p.m. To be eligible to ride the bus, PK3/PS and PK4/MS students are required to have a sibling in the 3rd grade/CE2 or higher riding on the same bus.
There are two rounds of buses. The first round - the B1, C1, and D1 buses - departs from the Early Learning Campus (ELC) at 2:40 p.m. The second round includes the late buses - A1, B2, C2, D2, D3, and F1 buses - and departs from the main campus at 3:55 p.m. Primary School students traveling with their siblings in Secondary ride the late buses.
All buses are equipped with seat belts. Some buses have three seat belts per bench in the first seven rows to accommodate three small passengers.
Route details and registration instructions for the 2019-2020 school year will be sent to all families by the end of July.