2018 - 2019 Admissions
The Awty International School seeks to enroll qualified students who will be successful in our programs and who will add to the diversity of our school community. Financial assistance is awarded to families whose financial circumstances would generally preclude their child(ren) from attending The Awty International School or for whom the total school expenses are greater than his or her family's ability to pay them; all awards are based on need.
Financial assistance is available for students entering 1st - 12th grades.
The deadline to apply is January 15, 2019.
The Awty International School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ethnic or religious beliefs, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and athletic and other school-administered programs or in its employment practices.
- Financial Aid Policies
- Step 1: Submit Parent Financial Statement
- Step 2: Supporting Documentation
- Step 3: 2018 Federal Form 1040
- The Awty International School offers a need based financial aid program to assist families with the cost of tuition. Financial aid decisions are based on a family's demonstrated financial need. We currently do not offer merit scholarships based on academic, athletic, or other student achievements.
- We partner with School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS in our financial aid process. To begin your financial aid application, you will complete SSS's Parents' Financial Statement (PFS). The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take some time to complete. Give yourself the time you need by not waiting until the deadline to begin. You'll need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS. Awty's school code with SSS is 1456.
- We will communicate our financial aid decision to you. To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS as a starting point but also consider our school policy, practices, and available budget.
- Financial aid is awarded annually. Families must reapply each year for financial aid consideration but can expect to receive about the same percentage of tuition assistance unless their financial situation has significantly changed.
- Current Awty families must submit their re-enrollment contract, including payment of the registration fee, before a financial aid decision will be offered.
- Applications for admissions are independent of financial aid applications. Students applying to the Awty International School should complete the financial aid process within the established deadlines in order to receive a financial aid award in conjunction with their admissions decision.
- Awty cannot be bound by the terms of legal or personal agreements between parents in regards to financial support. As a result we require both custodial and non-custodial parent(s) to complete the financial aid process. We do understand that extenuating circumstances may exist which warrant our reconsideration of this requirement; please send a written inquiry to Deanna Jackson for consideration.
Submit the online Parent Financial Statement (PFS) through School and Student Services by NAIS no later than January 15, 2019. Both parents, regardless of marital status, must complete the financial aid application and submit their supporting tax documents.
Financial aid applications received or completed after the stated deadline will be considered if funds remain available.
For more information, please contact Deanna Jackson in the Financial Aid Office at 713-328-5843.
Upload or mail the following documents to be received by School and Student Services by NAIS by February 15, 2019.
- IRS Form 4506-T - complete lines 1-4 and sign
- 2018 Applicable W2 and/or 1099 Form(s)
- 2018 K-1- only applicable if one or both parents is a shareholder in an S Corporation or a partner in a Partnership.
- 2017 Tax Return - only necessary if this is the first year you are applying for tuition assistance.
Applicants to the school must upload or mail their complete 2018 Federal tax return (including all schedules) to be received by School and Student Services by NAIS no later than March 1, 2019.
Returning Awty families must do so by March 15, 2019.