Awty Plus has three types of programs available to those who are enrolled:
A student enrolled in the five-day, three-day or individual-day activity program receives supervision, homework assistance, a snack*, a drink, and participation in their selected activity. Please refer to the activity planner for a complete list of courses offered and their designated sessions and day.
* All snacks are individually packaged and free of peanuts, high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, food dyes and preservatives. Drinks are water or 100% juice.
Homework Assistance Program
What distinguishes this from the activity program is that students do not participate in a daily after-school activity. In this program, students attend study hall with other age-appropriate children and concentrate on homework. This is not the same as one-on-one. Students who need more attention should seek private tutoring. This is for students who do not wish to participate in a daily activity.
One-on-One Music Program
We provide individual instruction for students who are interested in playing a particular musical instrument or who wish to sharpen their academic knowledge through intense, personalized assistance. Professional music instructors and Awty school teachers are contracted to provide such guidance.
On occasion parents are not able to pick up their children immediately after school, due to work, an emergency or being out of town. This service is available to all children that attend The Awty International School. Drop-ins do not participate in after school activities, but they receive supervision, homework assistance, and a snack. Please be sure to call before school lets out, so the Director of Awty Plus knows to expect your child. The drop-in service is a $35 fee for each child per day. The fee applies to any amount of time a child spends in Awty Plus
Early Learning Campus:
- Session 1 - Registration begins August 8, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
- Session 2 - Registration begins December 4, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
- Session 1 - Registration begins August 10, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
- Session 2 - Registration begins December 6, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
* Registration is mandatory for each session.
Important Dates in Awty Plus
- All activities start the second week of each session.
- All activities conclude the week before Christmas break and summer vacation.
Dates for Homework Assistance and Stay & Play:
Session 1: August 20, 2018 - December 20, 2018
Session 2: January 7, 2019 - May 30, 2019
Dates for All Activities and Music Lessons:
Session 1: August 27, 2018 - December 14, 2018
Session 2: January 14, 2019 - May 25, 2019
Awty Plus Holiday Care
Awty Plus provides unique and fun-filled activities for our students during fall, winter and spring breaks. Remember, it is not necessary for students to be enrolled in any Awty Plus programs to participate in these events. We offer action-packed activities that are exciting and challenging for all ages. Pre- and post-care are available for an additional fee. Details about each camp will be provided in the Awty Notes and you will be able to register here on the Awty Plus web page.
|Fall Break||October 1-5, 2018||7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Winter Break||February 18-22, 2019||7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Spring Break||April 8-12, 2019||7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
Operating hours for Awty Plus are from dismissal of school until 6:00 p.m. We are open for fall, winter and spring breaks from 7:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Please note that the program is closed during Thanksgiving and the Christmas holidays, as well as on Preschool and Lower School parent/teacher conference days.
* Awty Plus carpool begins at 4:30 p.m. Lower School students should be picked up behind the Lower School, and the early learners should be picked up at the Early Learning Campus. Should you arrive before 4:30 p.m., there will be no Awty Plus staff members outside to assist you. Please go inside and ask the receptionist to direct you to the appropriate classroom.