Spanish National Honor Society
(Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica Claudia López)
To become a member of Awty’s Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica [SHH] Claudia López, the candidate should meet the following requirements.
- Outstanding character inside and outside the classroom.
- To have taken Spanish at Awty for at least three academic years. The third year may be the course being taken during the year of the induction.
- To have earned 90% or higher in each one of those three years in which the student took Spanish at Awty. The minimum grade considered will be 90.00%
- The faculty members of the board for SHH reserve the right to determine if a student is entitled to become a member by meeting face to face to decide each student is a respectful, responsible student inside and outside of the class. If the student has been given suspension for academic or conduct problems, the faculty members can object to the induction of that student.
- For students, who for the first time qualify to become members during their senior year, and still do not have three years of instruction at Awty, exceptions may be made if they have taken the last two years of the IB at Awty, as long as all of the board members are in agreement that the specific student in question has been an outstanding student of Spanish during those two years at Awty. This exception only applies to senior students.
- The board members who organize and make decisions within the SHH will always be the Secondary Spanish teachers from Awty.
- Awty’s SHH does not get involved in community service. The only deciding factors for induction are outstanding character and excellent grades.
- Every year each student has to earn the right to become a member of the SHH. The fact a student was invited one year does not mean the student will remain a member the following year.
Please contact Silvia Calvo-Luis with questions or for more information.