As Awty’s enrollment has grown in response to Houston’s burgeoning growth as an international city, so has the need for expanded facilities. Since 2007, when the original Campus Master Plan was first drafted, enrollment has grown from 1,149 to the more than 1,700. In that time, the first five of seven projects have been completed, thanks to the generosity of many individuals, corporations, and foundations:
- Awty Field (athletic stadium) featuring synthetic turf field, track, and tennis courts
- Levant Foundation Building featuring secondary classrooms, dining facilities, and administrative offices
- Parking garage for 360 vehicles and covered carpool deck
- Lower School addition and playground, and demolition of the “Big Blue” building to create green space
- Early Learning Campus (ELC) for grades PK3/PS to 1st/CP, opened in August, 2017.
Two priorities remain to be funded and built:
- Campus Center
- Performing Arts Center
In addition, there remain several donor recognition naming opportunities at the ELC.
For details about the ELC and Campus Center, click on the links below.
To discuss Awty's capital campaign to fund these facilities, please contact Chantel Olufsen, Chief Advancement Officer, at 713-328-5816.
- 5.25 acre campus, 73,148 sq. ft. of building space vs. former 14,200 sq. ft.;
- Outdoor features include a 22,000 sq. ft. playground with play equipment and soccer field, a trike track, three outdoor flexible learning spaces, and two student gardens;
- 25 classrooms plus dedicated kitchen and dining facilities, as well as a teaching kitchen; and
- Dedicated rooms for art, music, and media, a library, and a regulation-size gym with a theatre stage.
- The Campus Center will feature open areas and multiple flex spaces for student groups to meet and work on projects, a “maker space” and robotics lab for budding engineers, the lecture hall, and the library. It also will consolidate dining and food preparation services, freeing up the current dining halls to be repurposed.