Study Houston’s demographics to assist us in determining coming needs for Awty as the leading school that makes an international life possible in our city.
YEAR I (2014-2015) ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Engaged the expertise of the Kinder Institute and two Capstone teams from Rice University’s School of Business to study Houston demographics and the opportunities and challenges that they present.
- Developed corporate relations plan for engaging wider and deeper corporate support through advancement and admissions functions.
- Consulted with French Consulate and the Mission Laique Francais about projected French populations in Houston and the related need for French Ministry-accredited education.
- Considered but made no decisions about increasing enrollment, building a second campus, or creating a French school.
YEAR II (2015-2016) GOALS:
- Increase general awareness and appreciation of Awty’s delivery of excellence in international education, particularly among business and community leaders
- Increase financial support of Awty by corporations, foundations and individuals committed to Houston’s global future but not otherwise currently supporting Awty.
- Increase the quantity of qualified admissions applicants in alignment with Awty’s programs and values.
1. Examine the Capstone Team recommendations and implement ones evaluated by the Board to be worthy:
- Tuition positioning
- Cosmetic facility issues, especially the view of the lower school building from I-10
- Enrollment review in light of new facilties coming online, upcoming actions of other schools, SWOT analysis
2. Strengthen relationships with our corporate legacy partners, starting with improved two-way communications regarding our admissions timetables and their employee relocation plans and assisting them with referrals to other schools as appropriate.
3. Convene a task force of Trustees , parents and alumni in the marketing professions to assist in developing a strategic marketing strategy. The task force will do the following
4. Research options and commence memberships in Greater Houston Partnership, Women’s Chamber of Commerce and other leadership organizations and develop our presence in them
5. Develop the corporate International Leadership Council as a key element of strategic marketing globally.