2021-2022 Guidelines and Protocols for Start of School
*Please note: this guidance is subject to change at any time due to changing circumstances
During the 2020-2021 school year, the Awty community saw a very low incidence of COVID and minimal to no on-campus spread. This was due, in part, to the mitigation measures put in place at the beginning of the year. Throughout the year, we learned, adjusted, and kept our community healthy and safe. We will review these protocols at each logical segment throughout the year.
This school year, we will continue to follow the guidance of the CDC, state and local health officials, and our medical advisors to prioritize the health and safety of our community and mitigate the spread of COVID-19. This guidance continues to evolve as vaccines become widely available and new information is received.
New guidance prioritizes a return to in-person learning and some changes to protocols that will allow us to continue to operate on campus safely. We believe we can provide the best quality of education for our students through in-person instruction.
As such, we will discontinue equal optionality of at-home learning. At-home learning will be provided in 2021-2022 only in rare and special cases as outlined below, or if there are significant changes in guidance from the health department and governing authorities.
We will retain the lessons learned in 2020-2021 and incorporate them into our operations, both inside and outside the classroom. This includes staggered school day schedules between divisions and improvements to carpool procedures.
Below, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions about protocols for the 2021-2022 academic year.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Will the school continue to implement masks, social distancing, handwashing, etc.?
- Will we still be required to complete daily wellness screening using SchoolPass?
- Will covid vaccination be mandatory for students?
- Will covid vaccination be mandatory for employees?
- Will students and employees be required to wear masks?
- When should my child stay home?
- When should my child quarantine?
- How do I report a positive case or exposure?
- How do I upload my child's covid-19 vaccine card in Magnus Health?
- How do I upload my child's COVID-19 test results in Magnus Health?
- What if I still have questions about protocols or precautions?
- What if we travel internationally?